Regie's Take on the History of Cinema

September 6, 2010

“Life may be sad but it’s always beautiful”

by regiesh

Hello media studies class! My name is Regina Harsanyi, though I prefer to be called ┬áRegie and I am a lover of film. I’m an art history major and most likely will minor in film studies. Why? Film is a part of me. Film is a medium that truly makes me happy, elated even.

There are a few movies on the syllabus that I haven’t seen so I’m excited to gain new perspective, and even hopefully new favorites. I knew from the moment I saw that we were watching ‘M’ that this class will not be seen to me as work but something I’ll enjoy.

I mean, I’m so nerdy about Fritz Lang, a few months ago I went to see ‘Metropolis’ in an art theatre with all the newly restored footage and a live score x_x. It was marvelous! A class where extra credit is to see a french new wave or classic japanese film in theatres and review it afterwards? Anything but a chore in my eyes. I hope everyone is as passionate as I. Maybe I’ll find someone who shares my interests finally because so far as a freshman living on campus, I’m yet to.

Filed under at 6:13 pm and

2 Responses to ““Life may be sad but it’s always beautiful””

1.   Amy Herzog Says:

So glad to provide a venue for you to film-nerd-yourself-out! Looking forward to reading your commentary on the films and readings.

2.   Arianne Says:

Hurrah, that’s what I was looking for, what a information! existing here at
    this weblog, thanks admin of this website.

My web-site :: web hosting services (Arianne)